Pat Connor is a film/video enthusiast currently working as an Associate on the Merchandising team at LetsTalk.com in San Francisco, CA. Pat is passionate about bringing high quality video to the web, being adventurous and innovative, and collaborating with his friends and colleagues. Like what you see/read? Want to reach out as a like-minded artiste? Then reach out to me!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who Are You? or Tunnel, Light, and a Map

In this video, I used a Canon SLR in favor of my older PowerShot to re-shoot the mapping video. Although the camera gave me more creative control, my inexperience with the camera got the better of me when shooting in low light, and the final sequence looks crazily over-saturated. What I did achieve with this piece is an audio track that gives the still images a sense of three-dimensions. As I learned from reading the Final Cut manual, humans use sound to locate objects in space. So, taking advantage of the steady pan in the video, I similarly panned the audio from right to left. The effect is subtle, but I think that I've successfully used this aspect of video (often overlooked) to boost the realism of the still images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers